Wednesday, February 26, 2014

rainy day cookies


I love rainy days, what a wonderful time to bake and make comfort foods! Today I thought of making my 'no bake' drop cookies would be fun. Today I had my four year old grandson Finley over, he was my little helper.  I explained to him that I made these cookies when I was young and his reply was me too!
 No Bake Drop Cookies
  •   1/2 cups cocoa    
  •  2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk ( I use evaporated milk )
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • dash of salt
       Mix above ingredients thoroughly and bring to boil; add
       1 teaspoon of vanilla.
        remove from heat; add
  • 3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
  • 1 cup chopped nuts ( I use pecans )
       Mix thoroughly, Drop cookies by teaspoon on parchment or wax paper and let cool and smile. :)
                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment