Sunday, February 16, 2014

Candlesticks and Bobeches

 Candles create a certain ambience in the home and so I like to put at least .. well a lot in every room! I even have a few drawers hidden away with a stash of candles.
 
My cousin Jennifer gave me some of these brass candlesticks and from there my collection started to grow. (Thanks cousin! I love you dearly!) I feel like this gives the room a big statement when they are all lit. I wanted different heights to create a mismatched look that comes together.
 
These candlesticks came from an old bed frame that I found in the garbage. I had my husband cut them down for me and I painted them.
 
 
These two candlesticks I featured in my bedroom post but here is a closer look at them. They are from an old stairway that my husband cut down for me. I let the candle wax run down them to give it an antique look.
 
 These are all different sizes of crystal candleholders. I used bobeches to make them stand out. Bobeches are the little dishes that slip under the candle that catches the wax when it melts. They are placed on an antique frame that I found at a flea market. I just ordered mirrored glass to fit into it. Most glass stores will cut the mirror for you and install it if you bring them the frame. I will be using these candles in an upcoming blog for a bridal brunch I am hosting with my daughters. Check it out in the spring!
 I purchased these at a discount home décor store and felt like they worked well with the ginger jar. This spot in the house works well because of the mirror and the reflection it gives. 
 
I also like to display my candles in unconventional ways. Sometimes things break and it seems that in my household its teacups so instead of getting rid of the saucers I use them for either hanging on the wall or collecting jewelry or in this case candles.  My daughter Amanda found the beautiful rainbow dripping candles for me. It gives you a great excuse to open up a bottle of chianti!  Amanda you are one of the treasures of the world and God blessed me with you.
As I leave you let me remind you to save all or your broken and leftover candlesticks to use for fire starters! Future blog in the fall!  

No comments:

Post a Comment