Sunday, March 2, 2014

Getting a jump on spring!

There are so many things to do and so many things to share with ya'll for the upcoming seasons! Lately I have been working on my garden, getting ready for a wonderful Spring and Summer.  My husband, Michael, and I are working on planting the tomato, eggplant and herb seeds in the starter cups to get a jump on spring. My larger seeds, like squash and beans and cucumbers, I plant right in the soil.
My husband came up with a wonderful idea to reuse the plastic garden stakes. Save all the stakes that come with the plants you buy and..
...use spray paint! ( I used Kilz ) Than they are ready to go for labeling.
I also thought the painted stakes would be nice in a gift basket for a birthday present. If you know someone who loves to garden this basket would be perfect! It just happens to be my brother Charles' birthday and his wife Kathy's, so I put a spring basket together for the two of them.
 
 
This gift basket has everything someone needs to garden and a little relaxing time after.
  • flower bulbs
  • seeds
  • candle
  • matches decorated with sparkles
  • gloves for both
  • digging shovel
  • spray paint garden stakes with permanent marker
  • four wine glasses
  • a beautiful cabernet sauvignon
  •  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment