Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Little Paint Makes A Difference


Do you have a room where everything in it looks wonderful except the floor? I know how much floor replacement costs and with three dogs, it's triple the trouble. I love my guest bathroom, but the floor looks worn and dirty no matter how much I clean it.
As you can see, behind the toilet, under the sink and around the tub need to be caulked. So off I go to the store to get the primer and top coat for the tile floors. It's very important to start with a clean surface. Then, beginning with the primer, I used an interior/exterior latex bonding primer that adheres to glossy surfaces. I let this dry about 5 hours because the humidity in Charleston is so high. Next, I did all my caulking to give it that polished look. Now I am ready for the top coat. I used a satin interior/exterior latex porch and floor paint that was scratch resistant.

 Now you can see the difference, it's amazing what a little paint can do. It brightens and gives an uplifting clean feeling to the room.
 This bathroom is small so I painted the ceiling to match the back ground  of the wall paper. Yes I love that french wall covering. I had my husband help cut and put up the beautiful large crown molding. I painted it white to bring out the ceiling and wall covering to make it the main focal point. Remember every room needs one.

 Small things like the old vintage soap dish makes an entrusting statement  and the tea cup night light for guest. This is the house my husband grew up in so in the 50's  my husband, his three brothers and his mom and dad used this sink. Something this special you just have to keep! I just updated with a paint for porcelain sink and tubs. It made a fun added color to bring in the other three colors of teal blue. When decorating try to add in three's of color or fabric will make a bigger impact.


A basket for a tissue holder instead of the conventional ones just adds a little whimsical look to the room.



You don't always have to hang a picture where it would be expected but some times its nice to look at the unexpected. The stained glass was a find in Asheville, N.C. at one of my favorite antique places. It's wonderful for privacy but lets the light in at the same time.I have found with decorating you don't have to spend a lot of money you just have to go through all the things you forgot you had. Happy decorating and if you have some fun ideas you have done please send me a picture I would love to hear from you. Send to thatsmeyaya@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment