Sunday, March 9, 2014

Everyone Needs A Little Glitter In Their Life!


When I started out with this project, I wanted to add a little pizazz to this old mirror. First, I tried gold paint but it just was not quite right. So in came the idea to use my old vintage jewelry. I was blessed to have Laurie, my Cassie's mother-in-law, give me an old Christmas tree board with this wonderful vintage jewelry. I wanted to be able to to display it and not just for Christmas so here is how I did it...



All you need for this project is a sturdy mirror with a secure hanger on the back. I used a hot glue gun for this project (my hot glue gun gets a lot of use in my projects!) It's like putting a puzzle together. You want to focus the less extravagant pieces on the bottom, filling in gaps. And place the more intricate pieces on the top to catch the eye. I have some close up shots so that you can see what I mean.








I love a fun project like this and oh, what a conversation piece it is! If you decide to take on this project or if you have already have done a piece like this, please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!






1 comment: