Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sands With Mini Chocolate Chips

This recipe came from my mother. I still have the original recipe written in her hand writing.



Sands With Mini Chocolate Chips

  • 2 3/4 cup plain flour
  • 5 tablespoon powder sugar ( extra for coating cookies. )
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons almond
  • 2 tablespoons cold water
  • 1 cup finely chopped nuts
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips


 
I still love to use the old nut grinders, similar to what my grandmother used. Old items take me back to simpler times.

With electric mixer, cream butter then add vanilla and almond extracts. Now add cold water, flour and 5 tablespoons of powder sugar. Last, add in nuts and mini chocolate chips.
Using about a teaspoon of dough, roll into little balls and place on cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes you want a light golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes and dust with you extra powder sugar.
 
 
Because I am making them ahead of time, they are wrapped well in air tight container and placed in freezer till ready to travel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment