Sunday, April 13, 2014

Memo board with bling!


 
When I was antique shopping in Ashville these old metal tiles caught my attention. The first thing I thought about was a memo board. I have been wanting to make vintage jewelry magnets for sometime now and this was the missing link. I had some wood in the garage from some shipping packaging and it was already the right size.                                                           


Making the board look old was the next step so I used different colors of teal, white and soft brown shades. Next I placed the tile in the middle of my board adding a little glue to just hold in place. Rummaging through my old Victorian molding I found a piece to add to the top. After gluing the molding into place I went back and added paint to them. The hinges were a touch to bring out the metal tile and add age to the piece.

 

Last I had so much fun making magnets out of vintage jewelry, scrap book stickers, and old metal ribbons I have been collecting. ( you can find magnets at your local craft store and use hot glue to adhere them)

No comments:

Post a Comment