Friday, August 8, 2014

Making a bench to give my garden a French look!



Giving the garden a French look!




While browsing through the antique stores, I came across a wonderful bench that would be perfect for my gazebo. The only problem was, the price was not wonderful. So.... what is my next plan, my husband Michael. Drawing a picture of the bench I saw at the antique store, this is what he came up with, love it.


Drawing out two end pieces and one for the middle, Michael cut these out with a jig saw.
The sides were cut using 1x2 and the top 2x6 all in pine.


The trim is wall brackets he cut in half because we did not have enough to go on both sides.


Everything was pre-drilled and than screwed together.


I painted the bench using a garden green.


The bench works so well in the back gazebo. The confederate jasmine that is growing gives it an old acquainted look. Every one knows I love French Country !




No comments:

Post a Comment