Monday, August 18, 2014

French Country Guest Room

French country guest room
 
 
I'm excited to finally have Amanda's bed room changed into a guest room. There have been so many people calling and wanting to know when I would post again. I apologize for the wait, there has been a lot going on in the Christ family. I thought it would be fun to show what Amanda's room looked like before the change since I have never posted her bed room at this house. Amanda's room was set up like a one bed room studio, maybe that's why she never wanted to move out.





 
 
 I love the vintage,but my passion is French Country. I always have so many idea's,the hardest problem I have is to narrow it down. My husband and I decided to switch out carpet for hardwood floors. For the walls we went with the soft aqua because it works well with brown.


The beautiful brown toile was the first fabric that came into play and the room was built around it. When purchasing the toile there was only six yards which was not enough for panels so I made  roman shades. The roman shades give the room function and beauty. The panel curtains were purchased from Ikea and yes I had to put my spin on things! The antique fringe was added and the top tabs were cut off with metal rings added.
 
 
 
The antique bed is an original rope bed from a good friend of the family. Michael, my husband, had to revise the bed so it would work with a modern mattress.
 
 
 
The bed skirt was a challenge just to find the fabric. The Internet is a wonderful place to find things that you would never find here. The brown gingham fabric was purchased from a company out of Atlanta.
 
 
I have owned this French couch for a long time. It has been painted every color in the rainbow. When ordering the brown gingham I purchased extra fabric to go on the French corona. The same antique fringe on the curtains was also added to the curtain for the corona. Brown velvet fabric was used to make the pillows to give the couch texture.
 
 
The little things you add will always be what sets the room off.  I used a beautiful fringe for the large pillow.  Scraps from the brown toile fabric was used for the covered button and pipping on the small bolster pillow.


The desk works well to blend with the antique furniture, adding a little more white to bring out the aqua walls. The painting above the desk is one of mine, but, I do not proclaim to be an artist.

 
The fabulous antique dresser pictured below was a garage sale find. I could not breath for a whole ten minutes when my husband Michael and I spotted it.(yes it was a garage sale price.) The double closets in this room are like a bonus for me, now what will I start collecting?
 
 
The little things I bring together in the end to make my final statement.

  
 
 
 
 
It's always a pleasure to have you drop in. Hope to see you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment