Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Famous Guillotine Bar.

      This is the famous Guillotine bar and this is our beautiful Patti pouring every one a mimosa.



I will not say how the bar got its name but it does leave the mind to wonder! My husband and I found the gazebo on sale and thought I wonder if this will be easy? They are hard to put together and thanks to the Charleston Rugby Team for helping us lift it on to the beams. The flooring was pavers I had bought from a previous project and I painted them black and white.



We have used this bar for many of family functions, garden parties, wedding and baby showers. Yes we just give the expecting mother a virgin drink! The Guillotine sign I made from a pine board I purchased from the local store. First I put brown and black paint in places, then went over it with a bar of soap. The white paint is painted over this. When the paint is dry take sand paper and go over the places you put soap on, and the underneath paint will show through. Using a large stencil and black paint I put the letters on. After the letters were dry, I went back with the sand paper and went lightly around the letters so they would appear to be worn.


The bar itself my husband Michael made out of 2x4 and metal roofing. The top was made out of old  pine we had from the house when we renovated.  The black and white curtains I made and put on pvc pipe. After doing this project I found a better idea from our friends Bob and Corinne . They have a beautiful pool and pool house that Bob built. Corinne made the curtains out of painters drop cloth and Bob made the rods out of metal pipe.


This wonderful old sink was a gift from my cousin Deloris, I love it! Michael built a holder for the sink to match the bar. It holds wine, beer and assorted drinks.


                         I use this tub in it for small party's and the sink itself for a larger crowd.

 
We have this great little stove that was passed down to us that we use for heat in the winter and cooking all year round. We just use our cast iron pots and frying pans and place on the top burner.


Having the round table right outside the bar is so nice for dinner and just sitting and relaxing.


The lighting is a small chandelier Amanda found at the local home store on the mark down rack.
 

This cute little owl showed up one day, and what a surprise! I ran to get my camera and was worried he would not be there when I came back. He stayed about two weeks and then he was gone. Looking on pinterest I have found plans for building an owl house. ( I am putting it on the list !)

No comments:

Post a Comment