Sunday, June 1, 2014

Summer Is For Porches

If you live in the South, a porch is a great place to entertain. Most people would say it was even a necessity.
 I like to sit and watch my grandkids swing on the front swing. Every year I revamp my yard and porch in some new way...


The wicker chairs and swing I have had for a long time. I am always saying the only reason they have lasted so long is that 100 layers of paint hold them together! The chair on the right has been covered 33 times (I've counted)and each time I cover over the old. I like to see all the different fabrics I have used over the years. My coffee table was a present my husband did for me out of a 100 year old beam.(Love it!)



The English flag pillow I made out of a linen towel that my daughter bought for me from an antique store. The little black cast iron candle holder is a special memento from our friends Chris and Faith given away on their wedding day.


Baby, my little corgie, wanted to be the door greeter for the day. The wreath on the door is my Mothers Day present from my daughter Cassie. She made it with burlap and star fish. (Love it!)


The shades I made along with the pillows in the black and white stripe. Just make a roman shade to fit the with of the opening. The shades are stapled on to a 1x2 and screwed directly into the top. I can let them down for privacy or up to catch the breeze.


This is Mr. Pots. Sometimes when I come up with an idea my husband just roles his eyes and I say oh just think what the grand kids will say! (in reality he thinks I am the kid)


According to my son in law's mother, every one needs a fairy garden. Laurie you are right, they make you smile. Laurie has some of the cutest fairy gardens you have ever seen.


Thank you for stopping in and please come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment