Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day !

Happy Mother's Day!

I love spring and all the things that come along with it. Mother's day and my daughter Cassie's birthday are very close in date or sometimes on the same day. She was born on mothers day making me a mother, one of the greatest gifts to be given. I thought of all kinds of things to blog and decided to do Cassie's favorite cake. This recipe that she likes came from my mom and it's an old fashioned Carrot Cake.


Back In Time Carrot Cake   
  1. 1 1/2 cups salad oil (I used canola oil)
  2. 2 cups sugar
  3. 4 eggs
  4. 2 cups flour
  5. 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  6. 2 teaspoons soda
  7. 1 teaspoon salt
  8. 3 cups raw carrots, grated ( I put mine in the food processor )
  9. 3/4 cup walnuts
  Using an electric mixer, cream oil and sugar and add eggs one at a time. Mix dry ingredients, then mix in to egg mixture. Fold in walnuts and carrots. Pour into 3 greased 8 inch round pans. Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes.

 
Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes using a toothpick to check for doneness.


 

Cream Cheese Icing
  1. 3  8-ounce packages cream cheese
  2. 3 sticks butter
  3. 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
  4. 2 teaspoons vanilla (I use vanilla bean paste)
Have butter and cream cheese at room temperature,( a must ) Cream the butter and cheese together well then add confectioners sugar and vanilla, beat well. If you want to add a little color now is the time, I added pink because it reminded me of Cassie. I made a little banner out of straws and colored paper.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIE! LOVE YOU THE BIG WIDE WORLD!



1 comment:

  1. I gotta make this! sounds so good. Just gotta figure out what confectioners sugar is first haha. Thanks linda!

    ReplyDelete